TheHour - Moderator Application

Why would you like to be a moderator?
I’d like to be a mod to help grow the server and to help gain more experience. I’d like to be able to help the players. I’d also like to make sure the rules are being respected and that everyone is having fun.
I’d also like to be a mod for the nostalgia of UMC. It’s been a big part of my Minecraft life as it was actually the first Free Op server I ever got staff on. I’d like to be a part of the new one as well as it brings back good memories.
What’s the first thing you’d do as a moderator?
I’d like to maybe translate UMC to another language if permitted
How long have you been playing on the server?
Since the beginning of the original UMC and I am an original UMC Executive
What is your username and unique identifier?
TheHour ced197edb77a4f71aee2a2b5bc4f5b37

Do you have any social media?
Yes; Jamie#5173, reddit.com/u/graslej

1 Like

+1
being familiar with freeop and UMC means you will work well here

2 Likes

+0
i think you would be a good administrator but as shrimp said, your activity is an issue, not sure if timezones or you just aren’t active

1 Like

I know I’m going against the grain here, but hear me out. I think you’re a qualified administrator and a nice guy but I am concerned about your activity. We have many more ops in-game that would be able to be more active and have invested more time in the server.

2 Likes

+0

I saw you as an great administrator on UMC before, and I understand you are experienced with free-op servers, and the players that do come on. It’s been a couple of years though. I would like to see more activity and a bit more communication come from you before being able to vouch you. Get to know the new staff members that you haven’t met, and I would like to see what you can handle on the server. I don’t know much about you, so if I got to know a bit more, I could change my mind.

Good luck!

1 Like

+0

Staying neutral, as stated above. ^

1 Like

If you don’t have anything to add then voting “neutral” by itself is effectively powerposting.

2 Likes

+1 Although personally I haven’t seen you in game, you do seem like you might do well as a staff member, especially with your prior experience as staff on a free op server.

This vote is being recorded on behalf of Aarooncia
Capture

@TheHour, I’m putting your application on hold. Here’s what I said on @NoHax’s application:
[quote=“serrif, post:9, topic:77”]
It’s the opinion of most of the executive staff is that at this point in time we don’t need more staff members. However, the votes provided above me from my fellow staff members are too convincing just to deny you for this reason. You’re a good applicant and I don’t think it would be right for me to crush your spirit just because we “don’t need more staff.”

If the server continues to increase in playerbase like it has been and we feel we’re in a place to need more staff, your application will be re-opened and voting will continue. If at any point we decide to approve your application in a situation where more staff are needed, your application will be given priority since you’ve applied before any other applicant.

So let me be clear: your application hasn’t been approved or denied. As a courtesy to you as a decicated player I am deciding to keep your application “on the books” until we can make a more thought out choice in the future. I say this knowing that this could be re-opened in a week, we need time to see how the server grows.
[/quote]

For the same reason I’m going to be closing this since I don’t want to make a decision that’s unfair to you plainly because we don’t need more staff members at this time.

Scratch that. Welcome to the team, @TheHour!

Congratulations, welcome to the staff team!